Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hello, Tuesday

So I want to be a better blogger... which means I am going to post more! I want to have a goal of 2 post a week. I really really want to stick to this, but time will only tell if I will follow through.


So this morning I woke up to this....
Sunshine

So sweet and so cute. I can not believe this is my life sometimes. God has blessed me tremendously! I love being a stay-at-home mommy. Sometimes SHAMs get tried of doing this everyday. Some might say that they feel like they are not accomplishing anything, but I feel accomplished. When I am at home with my baby I know that is where I need to be. Rasing my baby, not someone else. Plus it allows me to be able to have hobbies and time to cook for my husband and family. My family is important.


Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Inside

So this weekend I made these DELICIOUS cupcakes. I got the recipe from kevinandamanda's blog. They were absolutely, incredibly scrumptious! I want to eat them everyday! They are called Chocolate Chip Cookied Dough Cupcakes!
     I instead of making the cake of the cupcakes, I used a box mix. It sounds bad saying that, but the box mixes taste better than the 'from scratch' version.

For the cookie dough:
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the cupcakes:
3 sticks softened butter
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the frosting:
3 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Directions:
To make the cookie dough, combine the butter and sugars in a mixing bowl and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 mins. Beat in milk and vanilla until incorporated and smooth. Beat in the flour and salt until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Using a 1.5 tbsp scoop, shape the dough into balls or tubes. Freeze on a parchment lined baking sheet overnight.
To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350° F.  Line two cupcake pans with paper liners (24 total).  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and brown sugar.  Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.  Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.  Stir together to blend.  Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl on low speed, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, mixing each addition just until incorporated.  Blend in the vanilla.
Using a 3 tbsp scoop, fill the prepared cupcake liners 2/3 full with the cupcake batter. Place a frozen cookie dough ball on the top center of each cupcake.
Bake at 350 for 16-18 mins.
To make the frosting, combine the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.  Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.  Beat in the salt, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips!
Makes 24 cupcakes.

1 comment:

Emily Cheney said...

Oh my, Erin! These look fantastic! Just wanted to drop in and say hi! I am glad to be a SAHM, too. Even on the crazy days when everything goes wrong! haha :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...